Sunday 12 April 2015

Natural Make Up

Hello!
As promised, this post is about a natural (ish) make up look that I've been wearing almost everyday. As usual there are some pretty hideous close ups but I'm still including them to show you my step by step application.

Step 1:
After cleansing , toning and moisturising I apply Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser all over my face with my fingers. I don't need a face primer as my face cream works so well with this.

Step 2:
I dot Nars Creamy Concealer under my eyes and Dior Star Concealer on my (many) blemishes. Again, I use my fingers to blend. I do also love using foundation brushes but I find blending with fingers helps the skin to appear more natural.

Step 3:
I fix the base using a dusting of Chanel's Les Beiges powder, focusing specifically on my oily t-zone. I also use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to put a dusting of the powder on my eyelids.

Step 4:
I add a bit of bronzer, applying Chanel's Universal bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks, forehead and temples.

Step 5:
I lightly fill in my eyebrows using a Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil and set them L'oreal Brow Artist. I also use a fluffy eye shadow brush to apply a little highlighter on the brow bones.

Step 6:
I use Dior waterproof eyeliner pencil in black to line my upper inner lid only (this feels a little strange at first but works well to thicken the lashes).

Step 7:
I curl both sets of eyelashes and use quite a lot of Benefit Roller Lash Mascara to thicken my upper and lower eyelashes. I love this mascara!

Step 8:
I apply a small amount of Dior eyeliner on my lower waterline. I don't always do this but have found that some of the eyeliner from the upper lid will transfer to the waterline anyway so I might as well make it look deliberate! An alternative is to use a nude eyeliner but I just can't make this work for me at the moment!

Step 9:
I apply Bobbi Brown blusher in pink to the apples of my cheeks using a Real Techniques blush brush.

Step 10:
I then use my finger to apply No7 highlighter stick to my cheekbones. I just dab my finger in and pat it on. I've found that this gives the most natural look.

Step 11:
Finally I shove something on my lips depending on my mood. Sometimes it's just a lip balm, or one of my Benefit lip glosses or my Estee' Lauder Doublewear lip pencil in pink (I bought this after seeing my friend wear it on her wedding day, beautiful!)

And there you have it! I know some of you are thinking there's a lot of make up going on here but I promise it does look natural, just a polished natural!

Thanks for reading
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment