Sunday 1 June 2014

New make up!

Right, so the NEC Big Airport sale was a big waste of time for me. They had a few products (mainly perfume and creams) in a small room that weren't that cheap. I suppose I should have known better when the tickets were free but I had grand ideas that each brand would have its own stall with heavily discounted items. Oh well, you live and learn! 

Feeling disappointed, we decided to go into Birmingham as we weren't going home without make up! And that is where the fun began...

The first stop was Selfridges (naturally) as I had decided that I wanted a bright pink lipstick. We had a little browse around, I really wanted to try out Mac but it was super busy as usual so I couldn't get near the lipsticks, let alone find someone to help me. I found a nice colour in the Dior fluid stick but thought I should try a different brand that was hopefully a bit cheaper! I went over to Nars and found a gorgeous bright pink called Schiap. The lady behind the counter encouraged me to try it on and I really like the colour. A bright pink is a bit scary for me but the Nars woman reckoned you should go bright with those sorts of colours, so I did and it was a whole £7 cheaper than than the fluid stick at £19! 


After that, we decided to visit Superdrug as they stock a brand called Sleek which  I've heard do really good duplicates for Mac and Nars at half the price. There they had a 3 for 2 offer across all cosmetic brands. From sleek I picked up the brow kit (which is a lot like Benefit Browzings).


 A gorgeous eye pallette called Storm- it contains 12 really pigmented eyeshadows (Sleek had loads of different pallettes for £7.99) 


and finally I bought the contouring kit that contains a bronzer, highlighter and blusher (which looks exactly like Nars Orgasm blush). 


I had a play with my purchases last night and love them! As an added bonus the whole lot was less than £20! I'll post a picture of my final make up look for the evening below. 

Finally, I bought some perfume. House of Fraser had a brand event on so we decided to look there and they did have some very good offers- 10-20% off most perfumes! I went for a 30ml Viktor and Rolf flowerbomb eau de parfum version for £45. I tend to choose eau de parfum over toilette because I like the way it lasts longer on the skin. I know they're more expensive but I feel that I'm buying a better quality perfume. 

Unfortunately when I got home, the perfume had leaked in the box. So I took it back to my local House of Fraser- where they don't stock Flowerbomb! Argh! They did offer to order it for me but I wanted a new perfume for that evening. So in the end I chose Ellie Saab intense at £56 for 50ml (eau de parfum of course). I'll have to get Flowerbomb another time as I do love it but the Ellie Saab is lovely too and I got a free cosmetic case.


So those were all my purchases for the day. I am very pleased with everything I bought and I felt that I came away with a lot for my money. Here is my finished look (please excuse the still scraped back fringe.) I've used all of my new products. I kept my eyes quite natural with Snow storm from the Sleek pallette all over my eye followed by winged eyeliner and lots of No7 Lash Impact mascara.  


If you're enjoying my blog Please subscribe or write a comment. 
Thanks!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment