Saturday 20 December 2014

Benefit Advent Calendar

Hello! I can't believe it's nearly Christmas, where has the time gone?
 A product that has made my countdown to Christmas very enjoyable this year is my Benefit Advent Calendar which was an amazing surprise present from the husband. 


So here are the details about the products that I found behind the doors of my candy coated countdown...

A Few Favourites
I've been really pleased with the make up samples that I have received as they are quite decent sizes that will last a few applications. Some old favourites that I've found hiding behind the doors are Benetint, Posie Tint, That Gal brightening primer, Ooh La Lift eye brighter, They're Real Mascara, It's Potent eye cream, Total Moisture face cream and The Porefessional primer.

New Discoveries 
I understand that part of the reason for Benefit bringing out an advent calendar is so that customers can try new products and hopefully go on to buy the full sized versions. I'm a make up sucker so will probably be doing just that! Some new discoveries for me are Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow primer, Stay Flawless 15 hour primer, Watt's Up highlighter, and the Ultra Plush lipglosses which I have in Dandelion, A-Lister and Fauxmance I'm particularly loving Dandelion and Fauxmance.

Random Other Bits
As well as beauty and skincare my calendar had also gifted me hair ties, post it notes, paper clips and a note book. The hair ties are quite cute but as I have short hair now I have no personal use for them. The stationary to me is a bit naff. You don't go to Benefit for stationary so I don't understand why it's in the calendar (apart from to keep costs down). Whenever I've opened a door that has some sort of stationary behind it I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. 


That said, overall I love this calendar and the variety of beauty samples I've received is fabulous so if you're thinking of treating yourself or a loved one next year you should go for it! - Hopefully they won't include so much naff stationary next year! 

Happy Christmas Everyone xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I really wanted one of these this year - now I've seen this though I'll definitely be treating myself to it next year! xx

    www.fashionisathief.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, so have nominated you for my Liebster Award, look at my blog for my questions http://lifeofbecca.weebly.com/blog/liebster-award -Becca x

    ReplyDelete