Sunday 15 February 2015

Tackling Problem Skin

Step 2
Step 3
Step 1

Hello!

I've been quite lucky with my skin in general as apart from the odd hormonal breakout during my teenage years, I've never had to deal with acne.

I would say that I have combination skin: an oily t-zone and dry cheeks and I do have issues with sensitivity. Unfortunately, over the past few weeks my forehead has erupted into lots of lumps and bumps and blocked pores. I'm not sure why this has happened but I've tried a LOT of products to try and get rid of them as they're driving me mad!

Before I start detailing the products that I've been using I should confess that I am a squeezer, I love it! But I know that its not good for my skin so I have been trying to limit the squeezing sessions as hard as it is!

My outbreak began when my skincare routine consisted of an Aveda face wash, Sanctuary pore refining toner, Indeed serum and Chanel Hydra Moisturiser. I don't think that any of these products have caused the breakout, however I do think that my quest to keep wrinkles at bay may have added extra grease to my skin resulting in blocked pores and a shiny face.

I recently decided to try and combat my problem with a brand new routine and visited the Clinique counter. I know people either seem to love or hate Clinique but I have used their 3 step system previously (about 10 years ago) and loved the outcome. So that is why I decided to go back.

Firstly, I thought the service was great. I told the assistant what I was after and she sat me down to talk through my skincare woes and hopes. She put all of my information into an iPad app in front of me and told me the products that would work best for me.

I bought the Mild Liquid facial soap which I use first thing in the morning with a hot flannel or muslin cloth and at the end of the day after removing my make up with The Body Shop cleansing oil. It promises to be non drying and its great, my skin never feels too tight after washing.

The second step is Clarifying Lotion in number 2. I know a lot of people don't like this because it feels very astringent on your skin, but for me at the moment its exactly what I need to exfoliate and clear up my pores.

Step 3 is Dramatically Different Moisturiser + which I apply after cleansing twice a day. I didn't like this at first because I found it quite greasy, I think because it's a lotion rather than a moisturizer. But, I've started using less and this seems to be working much better. The assistant did tell me that because I have combination skin, the lotion wouldn't be enough on its own but I've found that it's just right. I think if I applied another moisturizer after that one I would end up resembling an oil slick.

I bought all 3 products in the medium size and it came to just over £60. I think considering the Chanel moisturiser that I was using was £55 alone, that's not a bad price! I think that the clarifying lotion will run out first but it will still have lasted a good couple of months, if not longer.

At the moment I do still have a few lumps and bumps popping up on my head but I can definitely see a difference, they are calming down. My skin feels smooth and I'm finding it easier to apply make up. I would recommend using a flannel or cloth with the cleanser as the assistant demonstrated how much more easily the products sink into the skin after exfoliation.

So, if you fancy mixing up your skin care I would without a doubt recommend giving Clinique a go. And, if you're worried about forking out a load of money and having a reaction, the assistant said you can bring your products back and receive a refund no problem.

Thanks for reading,
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment