Tuesday 27 May 2014

May Cosmetics


Hi everyone!

This is my first EVER post, so a big thank you if you are reading this right now. For my first post I wanted to tell you all about my May beauty favourites. These are products that are working for me at the moment some of them are from the high street and the others are a little more high end but after years of searching I am pleased to have found some products that I am happy to blog about.

So, here are my May favourites:

Cleanser
I am loving La Roche Posay Effaclar cleanser foaming gel cleanser. Use a small amount with water to create a rich foamy lather that removes all traces of make up. My skin feels so clean after using it, I would highly recommend (this cleanser is ideal for skin that is prone to blemishes. I have combination skin that has the occasional breakout and it works very well for me.)

Toner
I love, love, love the La Roche Posay Effaclar toner (there seems to be a theme here). I use this on a cotton wool pad after cleansing to tighten pores and remove any last traces of make up (not that there ever is any). It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and super clean without making my skin feel too tight.

Moisturiser
I have tried many a moisturiser over the years but I have been thoroughly fed up because I couldn't find one that totally suited my skin type. So in my fedupness I visited the Clarins beauty counter. I told the consultant at the counter that I wanted a product that didn't cost over £30 (as it would be most likely that the product wouldn't agree with me) and she showed me an amazing little trial kit. It cost £20 and had a 15ml tube of the Active youth moisturiser, the night cream, a beauty flash balm and it all came in a cute little red cosmetic bag. I love both moisturisers, they feel quite rich when I first but them on but sink in quickly and leave my skin feeling so soft! It also claims to detect early wrinkles - a big worry of mine as I am swiftly approaching 30! The trial sizes have also lasted a good 3 weeks and are still going strong so they are definitely worth a go if you have yet to find the perfect moisturiser.

Eye Cream
During my trip to the Clarins counter I decided that I would buy my first ever eye cream. I went for the eye contour balm which cost £30. I really like this cream, I use it day and night and it works really well with my make up. You don't need a lot either so the tube should last.

Bonus Extras!
Because I bought 2 products from the Clarins counter I got three products free! They claim to be trial size but they are really good sized trials. I chose another Active Youth moisturiser, a body exfoliant and the one step cleansing lotion. This all came in a snazzy little beach bag so although I ended up spending a little more than I wanted to I felt that I got a lot of good quality products for my money.



I will keep you updated on my purchases and hope to do a vlog post to go with this. Thanks for reading, my next blog will be about make up.

Thanks
Becky xx



No comments:

Post a Comment