Wednesday 30 July 2014

A Few Bits from Boots

This is probably going to be the least exciting blog post that I've ever written, but I'm in Boots a LOT and there's always little cosmetics that end up in my basket and it's about blummin' time that I blogged about them. 

The first product to tell you about is a heat protector that I've started using that seems to be doing the job ok (I'm not really sure how you tell with a heat protector but let's just say my hair is in quite good condition). It's Dove's Style+Care Heat Spray. I really like this because it sprays easily onto my hair, smells lovely and doesn't feel in any way heavy. I also think it was less than £5 which is great! 

I think I'm really late to the party with the next product which is the Tangle Teezer hairbrush, but better late than never! My hair is ridiculously knotty as it is quite long and thick and I do use a hair extension brush, which my hairdresser recommended, as the mixed bristles are quite gentle on my hair.  However, it doesn't always remove the tangles, particularly close to my scalp. I've walked past the Tangle Teezers a few times and love the bright colours that they come in. I was put off a little by the lack of handle but decided to take the plunge when I saw them for sale for £10.49. I've used this brush on dry and wet hair and I do quite like it. I prefer to still use my extension brush to get out the majority of tangles in my wet hair but I think the Tangle Teezer works better on dry hair. It doesn't make me cry, (my paddle brush reduced me to tears on quite a few occasions) or want to throw the brush against the wall, it's just great at removing tangles gently. A fab product! 

The next product is for anyone as lazy as I am when it comes to using a body lotion. I've blogged about The Sanctuary Body Oil before as it's a great lazy girl moisturiser but as my skin has seen a little more sun than usual, I needed to find something with a bit of extra moisture. That is why I picked up Nivea's In-Shower Body Moisturiser. I was a bit sceptical about this as I wasn't sure that it would moisturise as well as a lotion but I do think that it's quite good. You apply to wet skin after cleansing with a shower gel and then rinse off. It left my skin soft and without feeling too tacky, a great product if you haven't got the time to moisturise properly. Even though I do like this, I will still probably alternate with a normal body lotion, particularly as my skin is quite dry at the moment but it is great for those lazy days and is definitely better than using nothing at all. Another top tip is to use baby oil on wet skin after a shower, it can be a little bit messier but works just as well at keeping your skin smooth.

The final product that I'm writing about today is a new toner that I picked up as I've recently ran out of La Roche Posay Effaclar Toner and decided to look for something a little cheaper. I went for Garrnier's Refreshing Toner which claims to tone and brighten the skin. I've been using this toner everyday for about a week and I'm really happy with it so far. It doesn't feel as harsh as other toners that I've used but does still seem to remove any residue left over after cleansing. It also smells very fresh and I've had no break outs recently so it must be doing a good job, especially as I'm spending a lot of my time feeling grimy and sweaty at the moment. I bought this toner on offer and again I think it was under £5. I would definitely consider purchasing this again as it seems to be just right for my fussy skin. 

So that's it for my recent purchases, I hope this post was of some use and please feel free to follow me on bloglovin ( just search rsperrink.blogspot.com) or google+ I'm also on Twitter @bexadoodle.

Thanks for reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment