Sunday 13 July 2014

I went shopping again...

Hello! 

Before I start writing some product reviews I just wanted to let you know that I've recently filmed some videos for my upcoming YouTube channel so please keep a lookout for those, they're just in the process of being edited. 

Right, so yes, I went shopping, I didn't mean to, it just happened but I'm so glad it did! 

The first product that I bought was the Chanel Universal bronzer that I had seen recommended in another blog. This is a light,creamy bronzer that can be applied to the face and body. I have been using this bronzer daily over the top of my foundation and I think it is amazing! I had no idea how I would go about applying this bronzer but the lovely lady in Chanel showed me how to apply it with a kabuki brush wherever I want it. I did find that the kabuki brush was too big for me, especially when contouring, so I use a smaller blusher brush to apply the bronzer. I swirl it in and use it mainly for contouring and a little bit of bronzing on my temples and nose. I love this bronzer because it looks so natural and there are no shimmery bits which Is great for me as I like to use a highlighter instead. The bronzer cost £32 which I actually think is a really great price for a product that I think will last a long time. It also smells amazing! 


The second product that I bought was the Rimmel Lasting Finish colour rush balm in 700 Not an Illusion. Again I've seen this balm on a few blogs and I wanted to try it for myself. It cost just over £5 and I think that this is another great buy. The balm is in the shape of a pencil and it glides on the lips really smoothly. It is quite pigmented so leaves a lovely colour but also some shine (not as much as a gloss though). I find the colour lasts ages and my lips are also left feeling fairly moisturised. There's loads of colours to choose from but I went for this colour as I don't have a similar one and I think it goes great with the bronzed/gold look. A great product overall and a bargain price! 

The final product that I recently bought is the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Cool Medium. This concealer has been raved about a lot so I thought I should give it a go, especially as it was less than £5. I use this concealer for under my eyes and on blemishes and it's great. I think the colour might be a little bit dark for me but when it's blended in it's fine. It gives a great coverage without being too chalky or cakey and I love that I can use it for eyes and spots. My only issue is that when you close the tube, a bit of product oozes out of the side which is really annoying because it gets everywhere and  looks a mess. But, for the price I think I might be able to overlook that! 

 I also bought some new eyelash curlers on my last shopping trip. I had been eyeing up the Shu Uemura curlers but at £20 thought they were a bit pricey. Instead, I went for the No7 metal curlers that are priced at around £7.25. They look great and come with an extra pad to replace after a year which I thought was a nice touch. An extra bonus was that when I went to the counter, I bought some other products and the sales assistant put those through first so that I could get a £4 No7 voucher to put towards the curlers. In the end they were less than £4! I think the curlers are great too they grip tightly and give a nice curl to my lashes that seems to last. I am very pleased with my bargain buy!

The last product that I want to mention is on my wishlist and it's a Jo Malone cologne. I recently smelt the Vanilla and anise scent and it is beautiful. It costs £40 for 30ml which is why I haven't bought it yet but when I sprayed it on my arm I couldn't stop sniffing it. It smells very unique, like most of the Jo Malone fragrances but also very rich and long lasting, absolutely gorgeous. 

Anyway that's all from me for now. 
Thanks for reading,
Becky xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey I really like Rimmel Lasting Finish colour rush balm and I nominated you for the Liebster Award, looking forward to your post x http://reviewsbybecky25.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete