Tuesday 22 July 2014

My Summer Holiday Skincare

Hello!
I have recently been lucky enough to travel to Majorca for a long weekend with the girls and thought I would share some of my holiday skincare musts and also a disappointing product or two. 

I think the MOST important product when travelling anywhere sunny is sun cream. Obviously it protects the skin from burning but can also help protect from the ageing and harmful effects of the sun. My friends and I shared sun cream between us and went for Boots Soltan due to it being fairly reasonable and also having five star UVA protection. I've got to admit I didn't know much about UVA but my friend explained to me how harmful the rays can be, penetrating the skin much further than UVB rays. I was also surprised to see that most sun creams don't offer 5 star UVA protection. We chose 2 different types of cream from Soltan, the first was an invisible spray in factor 25.
I thought this product was very good as it wasn't sticky, smelt quite nice and applied easily. I also think that it protected my skin well and I didn't have to reapply it too many times throughout the day. I will definitely use this product again and would recommend it to anyone who hates that greasy feeling that comes with using a cream.

The second cream that we bought was the factor 15 spray cream.
*This photograph was taken from the website as I threw the cream away before returning home.* 
The cream itself was ok, again not sticky and seemed to offer quite good protection but I had one really big problem with it... the smell. My friends and I all noticed that when we applied it, there was a really strange smell and this is disgusting, but the only smell I can liken it to is poo! I know the scent shouldn't matter too much when you've found a good sun cream but it just made me feel horrible. I didn't want to use it at all. Also, because it dried so quickly, it was difficult to see any bits that I'd missed resulting in some burning. I wouldn't recommend this sun cream.

As well as the usual sun cream, I always have to buy a very high factor product as my shoulders only have to glimpse the sun before burning. For this trip I bought Soltan Baby 50+ sun cream.
This product was amazing! It offered extremely high sun protection, didn't need to be applied very often and didn't really have any scent. I know it's designed for babies but it did work wonders on my sensitive skin. Even though my shoulders were exposed for most of the holiday, there was not even a hint of pink. A must have product for anyone that burns easily. 

The final product that I want to blog about is a product that I recently mentioned on Twitter. This is a face cream that I picked up on offer in Boots for £2.99! (And I'm sure that's it's not more than £5.99 usually!)
This is the Garnier Moisture Match face cream with SPF 20. I used this at home for a few days before travelling and also applied this cream on my day of shopping on holiday when I was in and out of the sun. The cream promises to hydrate and illuminate the skin for 24 hours and I really like it. It's a nice light cream that absorbs quickly and works well with my foundation. I also found that it did protect me from the sun and it also smells really nice too. I'm not sure if I was glowing after applying this, but I do think that it's a very nice moisturiser for the price with an added bonus of SPF protection. It definitely rivals my Origins GinZing face cream (which doesn't have SPF).

So that was Part 1 of my holiday blog, it might not be the most exciting but I hope it was of some help. Part 2 will be all about the make up looks I went for as I love the beachy, bronzed, fresh faced look. 

Thanks for reading and don't forget that you can follow me on Bloglovin (there should be a button somewhere on my blog) or follow me using Google+. I'm also on Twitter as @bexadoodle. I really appreciate the reads and the comments. Thank you!
Becky xx

2 comments:

  1. I really want the Soltan Once, I've read some really great reviews xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend the invisible one, well worth it xx

    ReplyDelete